Cinque Terre is the ultimate destination for foodies, flaunting some of the most exquisite Italian dishes and local delicacies in the region. No matter your preference and budget, you can find a perfect dining spot that suits your taste. This inclusive guide sheds light on our top picks for restaurants in Cinque Terre, whether you crave a romantic dinner with a view or an easygoing lunch with pals.
It comes as no surprise that Cinque Terre boasts one of Italy’s most picturesque destinations that attract tourists from far and wide. The five towns – Monterosso al Mare, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola and Riomaggiore – each exude their unique essence. Indeed, dining here is no exception; fresh pasta, seafood and wine reflect rich cultural values.
Must-Visit Restaurants in Cinque Terre
Il Pirata delle Cinque Terre
For an exceptional fine-dining option head to Il Pirata delle Cinque Terre. This Michelin-starred restaurant overlooks breathtaking sea views alongside its innovative dishes paired with only the best wine selections like spaghetti allo scoglio or grilled octopus.
The staff at Il Pirata delle Cinque Terre provide outstanding service while maintaining high levels of knowledge regarding both menu items and wine pairings. While it may be pricier compared to other options available it’s well worth it for any special occasion or memorable meal.
Ristorante Miky offers a more laid-back dining experience suitable for families looking to enjoy classic Italian cuisine with an emphasis on seafood. This restaurant is ideal for those following gluten-free or vegan diets. Don’t leave without trying the famous tiramisu!
Ristorante Miky is located in Monterosso al Mare along the waterfront, giving delightful scenic views while you dine. The ambiance is inviting and friendly, and the service provided by the staff is exceptional. The cost of dining here falls within a reasonable range, making it a perfect pick for budget-conscious diners.
Trattoria dal Billy
Trattoria dal Billy, situated in Manarola’s quaint village, prides itself on serving traditional Ligurian cuisine and having a beautiful terrace overlooking town. The trofie al pesto – an authentic pasta dish prepared with local pesto sauce – paired with local wine comes highly recommended.
The terrace at Trattoria dal Billy sets the scene for enjoying your meal on sunny days while taking in incredible views of nearby hills and the town itself.
Popular Cuisine in Cinque Terre
Italian cuisine reigns supreme in Cinque Terre, with a focus on locally sourced seafood and fresh produce. Expect to indulge in pasta dishes with fragrant pesto sauce, grilled fish and seafood risottos. To complement your meal, sip on the renowned Cinque Terre DOC wine or try other local white wines.
Ligurian cuisine stands out as it often incorporates abundant herbs like rosemary, thyme and basil into its dishes. You’ll taste these flavors in its signature herbaceous pesto sauce made using locally grown basil leaves.
Budget-Friendly Restaurants in Cinque Terre
Dining in Cinque Terre can sometimes leave a dent in the wallet but there are ways to enjoy delicious meals without breaking the bank. Here are our top budget-friendly restaurant picks:
- Cantine Lunae: This winery provides a mouth-watering lunch menu that includes local cheese, meat, bruschetta and more.
- Nessun Dorma: An affordable wine bar cum cafe offers awe-inspiring views of Manarola while serving up salads, sandwiches and bruschetta.
- Il Massimo della Focaccia: A neighborhood bakery that whips up tasty focaccia at reasonable prices for an easy snack.
- Although Cantine Lunae is situated outside of Cinque Terre in Ortonovo town, it’s definitely worth the short drive. Their exquisite wines will pair excellently with their affordable menu item bites.
- Nessun Dorma’s view is unmatchable but so is their food. Don’t forget to try their bruschetta made with fresh tomatoes topped off with mozzarella – it won’t disappoint!
- Il Massimo della Focaccia serves some of the most exceptional focaccia bread around town for breakfast or one-off quick bites from its selection of sweet/savory options available.
Reservation Requirements and Dress Codes
When it comes to dining in Cinque Terre, certain restaurants require reservations while others operate on a first-come, first-served basis. It’s always best practice to call ahead to avoid any disappointment. While most of the restaurants in the area have a casual dress code, fine dining options usually necessitate dressing up.
It’s crucial to keep in mind that summer months can get very busy in Cinque Terre and popular restaurants may need you to reserve beforehand. Whereas during the off-season, walking into restaurants without prior booking might work out fine.
If you’re looking for specific kinds of restaurant experiences based on your preference, consider these recommendations:
Restaurants in Cinque Terre- with a View
These restaurants offer fantastic views while you dine:
- Belvedere: This spot located in Monterosso offers gorgeous panoramic sea views and plenty of outdoor seating.
- Osteria Il Ciliegio: Check out this Riomaggiore restaurant situated alongside vineyards with terrace seating for picturesque meals.
- Marina Piccola: With its location right on Vernazza’s beach, Marina Piccola ensures prime seaside views along with lip-smacking seafood dishes.
Restaurants in Cinque Terre – for Best Seafood
Seafood staples are ubiquitous throughout Cinque Terre cuisine and these restaurants serve some of the freshest catches around:
- Il Grottino: Located in Manarola, Il Grottino is perfect for seafood enthusiasts; offering delicious varieties like seafood risotto and grilled octopus.
- L’Ancora della Tortuga: Monterosso’s L’Ancora della Tortuga is well-known for an impressive selection of fresh fish and seafood including their signature seafood stew.
- Trattoria il Porticciolo: With Vernazza’s waterfront setting, Trattoria il Porticciolo serves up delectable seafood pastas alongside lip-smacking grilled fish.
Restaurants Cinque Terre -For Best Local Cuisine
For those looking to experience the authentic taste of Cinque Terre’s local cuisine, check out these restaurants:
- Da Paolino: In Riomaggiore, this eatery is famous for its Ligurian classics like trofie al pesto.
- Il Pescato Cucinato: If you’re in Monterosso and craving fresh seafood and homemade pasta, this casual spot should be on your list.
- Osteria della Corte: Located in Corniglia, Osteria della Corte offers outdoor seating and serves regional dishes such as stuffed mussels and farinata.
Romantic Restaurants in Cinque Terre
If a romantic setting for a special evening is what you seek, plan a visit to these places:
- La Torre Aurora: This refined restaurant located inside Riomaggiore’s castle offers not only elegant ambiance but also scrumptious seafood with a historical backdrop.
- Ristorante Belvedere: With sweeping sea views coupled with a romantic vibe, Monterosso’s Ristorante Belvedere is an ideal option for amorous outings.
- Osteria a Cantina de Mananan: If you’re seeking intimate dining with coziness galore then Corniglia’s Osteria a Cantina de Mananan has got it all. Savor their delectable regional cuisine while enjoying the intimate setting.
Michelin Star Restaurants in Cinque Terre
Apart from ‘Il Pirata delle Cinque Terre,’ there are other Michelin-starred restaurants in the area worth mentioning:
- La Giostra: Based in Chiavari, La Giostra holds 1 Michelin star. With traditional Italian offerings on its menu, it attracts many food enthusiasts.
- La Madonnina del Pescatore: Senigallia’s seafood wonderland La Madonnina del Pescatore boasts 2 Michelin stars and offers an unforgettable gastronomic experience that is hard to come by.
Cinque Terre, with its culinary diversity, ensures there’s something for everyone. Whether you fancy traditional Ligurian dishes or Michelin-starred fine dining experiences, you’ll come across a plethora of delicious options in this stunning part of Italy. Savor some of the region’s freshest seafood and locally sourced ingredients that will leave an unforgettable memory on your palate. So, don’t miss out on a chance to indulge in Cinque Terre’s gastronomic delights!
Frequently Asked Questions
There are several seafood restaurants in Cinque Terre, but some of the popular ones include Trattoria dal Billy in Manarola, Il Baretto in Vernazza, and Miky in Monterosso al Mare.
Yes, some of the popular pizza places in Cinque Terre include Il Massimo della Focaccia in Vernazza, Il Pirata delle 5 Terre in Riomaggiore, and Pizzeria La Smorfia in Monterosso al Mare.
Some of the fine dining restaurants in Cinque Terre include Ristorante Miky in Monterosso al Mare, Belforte in Vernazza, and Il Porticciolo Del Levante in Levanto.
Yes, seafood is a popular cuisine in Cinque Terre due to its coastal location and fishing heritage.
Yes, some traditional Ligurian dishes that are popular in Cinque Terre include trofie al pesto (pasta with pesto sauce), farinata (chickpea pancake), and focaccia (a type of flatbread).
Yes, Italian cuisine is the dominant cuisine in Cinque Terre, but there are also international options available.
Yes, there are several budget-friendly restaurants in Cinque Terre that offer affordable food options.
Some of the budget-friendly restaurants in Cinque Terre include Bar Alimentari da Nico in Corniglia, Focacceria Antonio e Davide in Vernazza, and Nessun Dorma in Manarola.
Yes, street food is a good budget option in Cinque Terre, with options like focaccia and farinata available at affordable prices.
Yes, it is recommended to make a reservation at popular restaurants in Cinque Terre, especially during peak tourist season.
It depends on the restaurant and the time of day. Some restaurants may have availability for walk-ins, while others may require a reservation.
It is recommended to make a reservation at least a few days in advance, especially if you have a specific restaurant in mind or are traveling during peak season.
No, there is no formal dress code for restaurants in Cinque Terre. However, it is recommended